Tips to sell your house in the summer
Summer is often considered a challenging time to sell your home due to family vacations, childcare constraints and summer activities. However, it is one of the better times to sell, because the weather is warm and homes buyers are out looking for homes.
While it may be more of a challenge or inconvenience to market your property during this season, it is not impossible. Here are some ideas to attract summer buyers.
- Maintain your lawn. Focus on curb appeal - mow your lawn often and ensure all sprinklers are working. Even if your lawn consist mostly of weeds just keep them mowed.
- Cultivate the landscape. Trim bushes, hedges and trees, spread mulch, sweep the walkway and plant flowers. Bright and colorful flowers adds pop to the entrance.
- Clear a path. It is important that the front entrance is clear of any debris. Repair loose steps and railings or cracks in sidewalks; potential buyers should be able to navigate with ease.
- When guests enter your home the temperature should be comfortable, perhaps a welcome relief from the outside.
- Organize everything. Your home should be clutter-free, tidy and clean.
- Provide refreshing beverages and summer teats such as; lemonade, ice tea, and fresh fruit to create a summer ambiance within your home.
- Bring in the light. The windows and glass doors should shine.
- Hide your tools. Stow away all landscaping tools; potential buyers do not need to be reminded of the maintenance that accompanies a home.
- Clean the pool. If you have a pool it should be clean and clear. Towels, toys and rafts should be neatly stored away so they do not detract from the space.
- Light it up. Illuminate your outside areas with well placed lights.