Think about selling?
Here are some great ideas to Get Your Home Ready To Sell:
1. Think about bringing the brown lawn to life by fertilizing, watering and possibly re-seeding sparse areas.
2. You may also want to think about landscaping to a low maintenance yard with drought tolerant plants.
3. Trim hedges, weed flowerbeds, plant new flowers and prune trees. Cut back overgrown shrubbery.
4. Plant fresh flowers along the walkway to give a fresh and welcoming feel.
5. Reseal cracks in foundation, steps, walkways, walls and patios. Power-wash the exterior.
6. Clean and align gutters and downspouts; clean the chimney and place logs in the fireplace.
7. Remove oil stains from driveway and garage.
8. Wash the windows inside and out, clean window tracks and mend or replace torn screens.
9. Do major spring cleaning and start getting rid of unwanted items (books, clothes, toys, etc).
10. Paint the walls and ceilings off white or beige - neutral colors are the best way to go.
11. Replace damaged windowpanes, molding and woodwork
12. Repair drippy faucets and shower heads and unclog slow drains.
11. Shampoo carpets, scrub and wax linoleum or wood floors.
13. Replace burned-out light bulbs. Use brighter light bulbs. You want the rooms to appear large and bright.
14. Clean all appliances (especially refrigerator and oven) and clean kitchen cupboards.
15. Replace old toilet seats and shower curtains.
16. Clear cobwebs from corners and doorways - this is one of my pet peeves. Nothing more unbecoming then seeing cobwebs in a home for sale.
17. Wash all light switches, handrails and doorknobs.
Yes, this appears to be a lot of work, but it pays off in the long run. There is nothing more inviting than walking into a house that looks and smells clean and fresh. This "to do list" will make your home shine and keep the buyer lingering in the home, which is what you want.
For more ideas feel free to contact me at www.comehometosanjose.com
Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Bernice-Rodriguez-Realtor-166493540651231